|By Bryan O'Rourke||
|November 30, 2009 09:00 PM EST||
I was again reading and reviewing Lawrence Lessig's work tonight. The man is so very articulate and his observations so compelling. If you haven't become a student of his work, please take my advice and give it a try here.
At the 2002 Open Source Convention Lessig challenged the audience to get involved in the political process. A tireless advocate for open source, Lessig shared some basic concepts that are a solution to most of the barriers preventing our soceity from overcoming the major challenges of the time.
A complete transcript of Lawrence's keynote presentation made on July 24, 2002 is available here. In summation his logical findings were as follows.
- Creativity and innovation always builds on the past.
- The past always tries to control the creativity that builds upon it.
- Free societies enable the future by limiting this power of the past.
- Ours is less and less a free society.
Watch the video from Big Thinkers wherein Lessig explains his views on freedom our culture and creativity.
- [session] Trends in #WebRTC Development | @ThingsExpo #IoT #RTC #UCaaS
- New @ChinaUnicomGlob #DataCenter Launched at @CloudExpo | #AI #SDN
- Announcing @TelecomReseller Named “Media Sponsor” of @CloudExpo NY | #Cloud #RTC #UCaaS #WebRTC
- Space-Based Cloud Storage | @CloudExpo #DataCenter #Storage #Telecom
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- Modern construction practices prioritize safety with mandatory risk mitigation measures in buildings
- My Personal 2010 Predictions
- Apple iPad Reminds Us How Brands Succeed by Transforming Experiences
- Ten Tips for Promoting your Employer with Personal Social Media
- Cloud Expo 2011 New York Expands Technical Program
- Cisco Unveils Visual Collaboration Solutions in the Post-PC Era, Extending the Reach of TelePresence With New Mobile-to-Immersive Offerings
- Small Cancers, Big Data, and a Life Examined
- Apple and Emotional Discussions Around Adobe Flash Player
- Behind the Scenes, SANta Claus Global Cloud Story